It has been a minute since I’ve posted, I know! I finally graduated from high school (yipee!!), have college squared away, and get to enjoy my summer before I start school in the fall. I have been super busy working, planning/ throwing my sister’s wedding, preparing for college, and going on trips. I have a lot of post ideas in store, so look forward to those! (HINT: I plan on posting a vacation guide, including more pictures I took when I was pretending to be a photographer! Haha!)
While I have been navigating my hectic schedule, I have gone through tons of changes, such as graduating and finishing my last year of dance :(. Through these changes and new routines, I have found some new favorites, but basically obsessions, that I NEEDED to share with you guys! This list is compiled of so many different things/ activities, and is completely random, but I hope you guys enjoy!
P.S. I linked all of the products below to help you guys visualize/ know which products I am talking about!
- Ozark Trail 30-Ounce Double Walled Vacuum-Sealed Tumbler
- To start off, I LOVE this cup! I have a 16 oz tumbler that I have been using for a few months and recently, I have purchased the 30 oz tumbler because of how amazing they are (plus, this one in turquoise!!). I have not tried the Yeti or RTIC versions of the tumbler and that is for two reasons: First, my best friend Brooke’s uncle claimed to have done the ultimate test to see which tumbler brand was best, and according to his results, Ozark Trail won the test. The second reason is because I originally bought one of these cups to try it because they were cheap, and I found they kept my drink the same temperature for a very long period of time, which worked for me. I highly recommend buying one of these tumblers because it will keep your cold drinks ice cold, and you cannot beat the price.
- HP Envy Laptop
- I recently purchased this laptop at Best Buy because I needed a new computer for college and I wanted to have time to familiarize myself with it before I go to school. I chose this laptop because it was good screen size, it’s touch-screen, and it is a 2-in-1, which I really wanted. I am not a tech expert, and I’m positive there are a bunch of way better laptops out there, but for what I needed it for, and for being on a budget (college student, remember?) it is a great laptop. I also learned while shopping at Best Buy that if you are a college student you can make an account on their Student Hub, which has weekly deals on all things you may need for college. Another tip would be to check and see if your college/university offers Microsoft Office for free, because if it does you can purchase your computer without it and save even more money. Using those two tricks I ended up getting $150 off of the original price of my laptop!
- Iced Coffee
- This one seems super simple, and that’s because it is! Lately I have been addicted to iced coffees! Whether it is from McDonald’s, Starbucks, or Tim Horton’s, I have been obsessed! I usually get my coffee from McDonald’s because I live in a small town and that is the only place to get an iced coffee, but it is completely okay because I LOVE their French Vanilla iced coffees! From Starbucks I always get an Iced Caramel Macchiato, and from Tim Horton’s I just prefer an Iced Latte.
- Yoga Classes
- Since I graduated from high school, I also had to graduate from dance classes. At first I was devastated because I had no idea what I was going to do instead. If you are feeling this way I have your answer: YOGA! I absolutely adore yoga, and I am so happy I have decided to start taking classes. I have been taking a weekly yoga class at my local gym with my dance (and now yoga) best friend, Maddie. We started out really nervous, but we have been taking classes for two months now, and we have really improved and gotten the hang of it, we even did headstands a few weeks ago! I strongly recommend yoga for countless reasons. It is so beneficial to your spiritual and physical health, by helping you relax and refocus your purpose, and by being good exercise and stretches for your body. I suggest that if you are nervous or too shy to try a new class, be bold and take the steps to bettering yourself, you will not regret it. Namaste!
- Fitbit Alta / Fitbit App
- I received my Fitbit Alta for Christmas from my boyfriend, Jarod. I was super excited to have a Fitbit, but I found that after a few weeks I was losing interest. Recently, I was at a party with Jarod’s family and was listening to the testimonies of his sister-in-laws, on their fitness/weight loss journeys, so I decided to start wearing my Alta again. Upon using it more the second time I discovered more of the Fitbit app than ever before. After playing around with the app I started using the Communities to see other people’s journeys and to motivate myself. I also find myself LOVING the easy-to-use features such as the weight log, food journal, water log, and activity tracker. I find this app makes me more accountable for myself and my health, and it makes it easier for me to understand and see the ratio of calories consumed versus calories burned through my daily meals and activities. There is so much to say about the Fitbit app and the healthy lifestyle I have been trying to create. If you guys are interested in a post discussing those things, let me know!
- Lava Bead Bracelet / Essential Oils
- These items kind of go in hand with the past two, and that is because they involve a healthier you! Essential Oils are a much more natural approach to relieve aches and pains, help with illnesses, and to elevate mood. My favorite way to use essential oils is to put them on my Lava Bead Bracelet. I received my bracelet as a gift from Brooke for my open house, and I do not think I have taken it off since! You basically rub different oils on the beads, depending on what you want to use it for, and then it will diffuse the oil to you throughout the next couple of days. I enjoy putting either the Joy Blend, Breath Blend, or Lavender Oil on my bracelet to help me relax and reduce stress during my week. This bracelet is awesome because the oil scent will diffuse away after 1-3 days, leaving you with a blank bracelet to put whatever oil you want next on it. It is also a super cute bracelet! Mine has purple beads (the one linked above has turquoise beads), which matches my Fitbit! To be completely honest, I am more likely to forget to put my Fitbit on when I leave the house than I am to forget my Lava Beads!
I hope you guys enjoyed reading my endless nonsense about items and activities I have been loving. I am so grateful I have found some of these, such as yoga and essential oils (not the tumbler haha!), to help me create and enjoy a healthier lifestyle. If you have any questions regarding any of the above mentioned favorites, let me know in the comments below. Thank you for reading!